Youth Leadership Camps
Youth leadership is the practice of teens exercising authority over themselves or others. Youth leadership has been elaborated upon as a theory of youth development in which young people gain skills and knowledge necessary to lead civic engagement, education reform and community organising activities. Countless programs around the world seek to teach young people particular skills associated with leadership, particularly those programs associate with youth voice or youth empowerment.
About Youth Development and Leadership
Youth development is a process that prepares a young person to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood and achieve their full potential. Youth development is promoted through activities and experiences that help youth develop social, ethical, emotional, physical, and cognitive competencies.
Youth leadership is part of the youth development process and supports the young person in developing:
- The ability to analyse their own strengths and weaknesses, set personal and vocational goals, and have the self-esteem, confidence, motivation, and abilities to carry them out (including the ability to establish support networks in order to fully participate in community life and build positive social change).
- The ability to guide or direct others on a course of action, influence the opinions and behaviours of others, and serve as a role.
Conditions that promote healthy youth development are supported through programs and activities in schools and communities. Youth development researchers and practitioners emphasise that effective programs and interventions recognise youths’ strengths and seek to promote positive development rather than addressing risks in isolation. Youths who are constructively involved in learning and doing and who are connected to positive adults and peers are less likely to engage in risky or self-defeating behaviours.
Providing the conditions for positive youth development is a responsibility shared by families, schools, and communities. The conditions for healthy youth development reside in families, schools, and communities.
Youth Leadership Camps consists of:
- Confidence, focus, drive, charisma, resilience, leadership
- Presenting the ability to network, to interview, build relationships, lead professional conversations
- Increasing self-esteem so they are more confident to cope with the challenges of life
- Gaining the courage to make big decisions in life
- Skills to find and assess great opportunities
- Ability to handle adversity
- Time management
- Goal setting and strategic planning
- Money management
- Influencing skills
- Power of your network and mentorship
We can offer you a tailored Youth Leadership Camp for your organisation in Australia or around the world.